Wednesday 10 July 2013

What is in a name?

Have you ever just wanted to fix what was a small mistake, only to have it go horribly wrong??

First let me say I am so sorry,  If you are trying to view my previous posts and are getting the message that the blog has been taken down let me tell you it is all my fault. The blog is still here, I attempted to "fix" a spelling mistake I made...

I choose the name Making lemonade when life gives you lemons, because life is like that a lot. You do the best you can with what you have. For the blog address I wanted it to mean something to me, so It was SUPPOSED to read lemons AND butterfly's and then followed by the .blogspot address.  It is symbolic, lemons for the challenges and butterflys for the reward...

Instead what I had inadvertently created was lemons nad butterflys... Nad is not even a word, I know this because my spell check is telling me so.

I just noticed this yesterday.. Its classic Angie, I do these things all the time. When I noticed it, I groaned and realized that people probably were not going to be finding me with that error in there.  I also noticed that there is a little edit button right beside the blog address, So I fixed the mistake and clicked save. For 1.2 seconds I was so proud of myself. Then I went to my facebook to click on the post to see if it had changed.

Then I saw it:

WHAT!!!???!!! (insert Homer Simpson like scream here) (also insert several colorful words too nasty for the general public)
For several minuets all I could do was stare at the screen. In my head all I could hear was NONONONONONONONONONO!!!! my blog was gone... or so I thought.




It seems when I corrected the spelling mistake, blogger went to each of my former posts and applied the new address , so they are still there, and if you look over to the right of your screen, you can access them there, But, if you have bookmarked them before today you will not be able to access them. So you will have to bookmark the new address which is lemonsandbutterflys.blogspot.com  This link will take you to my very first post and you can choose from there which posts (or all of them ) you would like to read.

Lesson learned proof read EVERYTHING, and when all else fails use spell check.. hope you are still able to find me, and again sorry for the confusion

No comments:

Post a Comment